Warner Pacific University’s Mission:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, diverse, minority-serving, Hispanic-serving, liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Warner Pacific University’s Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds. Warner Pacific University is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Events and Conference Services Manager is a full-time, benefit eligible position reprorting to the Executive Director of Marketing. This role provides leadership, direction, and implementation of all on and off campus events on behalf of the University. Working closely with University Advancement, Marketing and Enrollment staff, the Events and Conference Services Manager will audit, improve and implement resources and logistics management necessary to take the department to the next level. This person will oversee Conference Services and Events, and will manage student interns. Additionally, the Events and Conference Services Manager is responsible for coordinating and administering the arrangements for meetings and other functions held by external community groups using Warner Pacific University facilities.
Advancement and Enrollment Events:
Conference and Events Services:
- Provide leadership and direction to the planning and implementation of key events (40-50 each year) in support of advancement and enrollment activities, including but not limited to:
- University wide and University Advancement Events, Homecoming weekend, regional and local alumni events, President’s Scholarship Luncheon, other events to engage alumni, parents, church partners and donors.
- Admissions and Enrollment- Scholarship Day, New Student Registration, Stakeholders Breakfast.
- Enrollment/Student Life Welcome Week, Orientation
- Offer a single point of contact for the University, IA and Enrollment event planning and serve as principal liaison to campus community regarding special events for alumni, donors, parents, friends and prospective students and their families.
- Develop timelines, set priorities, and manage logistics for all Advancement and Enrollment department events. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- Negotiate all facilities and catering reservation and contracts, both on and off campus.
- Provide timely and complete details to originating staff as needed for effective publicity and marketing.
- Be responsible for event budget management.
- Create and coordinate a new, streamlined vent logistics process with Campus Safety, Facilities, Student Life, Marketing, IT, and other departments as needed (including reserving location and ordering physical set-up, food, housing, etc.)
- Audit campus IT staff to manage web-based event reservations and payment systems.
- Meet with any University staff involved in special event development to ensure that policies, procedures and advancement department goals are being met.
- Develop Student Worker Program to assist with growing number of events and conferences
- Recruit, train and motivate a cadre of advancement event interns who can serve as liaisons between advancement and enrollment teams and other end users across campus.
- Travel as needed to assist with onsite event management for large out-of-town events.
- Work with marketing to promote external marketing and rental of facilities as a revenue generator for the University.
- Organize and oversee external and major campus events to ensure the efficient coordination of all facilities and services and advise on smaller campus events.
- Work with event stakeholders to define client needs, timelines, and budget; conduct site visits of University facilities to discuss various venue options for prospective clients.
- Negotiate with prospective clients regarding event logistics including catering, equipment and parking and generate contracts with required signatures and deposits.
- Review and improve the Master Calendar of booked events.
- Approve all University room requests and resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Create and mail client invoices, track and collect payment for rental spaces, submit payments to Accounts Receivable with appropriate documentation. Follow up on client account receivables.
- Create pre-conference checklist and complete a walk through to ensure the area is properly prepared.
- Contact conference attendees during event to ensure client needs have been met.
- Conduct post-conference walk through to assess possible damages and submit work order requests for maintenance issues as needed.
- Conduct post-event briefings with clients to evaluate their experience and address any concerns.
- Partner with other departments on specific event projects. Use prioritizing rubric to determine which level of service will be appropriated.
- Follow-through with all details on special campus activities, which may include attending evening and weekend meetings and events.
- Attend major events as required to confirm smooth execution.
- Create publications for facility rentals in conjunction with the Marketing Department.
- Update webmaster regularly to create and update a conference opportunities webpage.
- Be present in the office on a daily basis unless arrangements are made with the employee’s direct supervisor.
- Contribute to the support and implementation of the University Strategic Plan.
- Participate in Warner Pacific University professional development opportunities.
- Adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the University and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of experience in event planning, conference services or related field.
- Excellent oral/written communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently.
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and work effectively in order to adapt and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent self-motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in computer programs including Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel, and the Internet.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
Physical Demands – Work Environment:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word
The position is located in a typical office environment. Professional/business casual attire is required.
Employment and Lifestyle Standards:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered urban liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. The University was founded in 1937 by the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana). Central to Warner Pacific’s identity as a Christ-centered higher education institution is the policy of hiring persons whose personal and professional lives reflect:
1. A belief in the deity of and commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith, as interpreted through the historic witness of Scripture and the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit.
2. The practice of following Christ through day-to-day personal lifestyle choices.
3. A vitality of Christian experience maturing in insight and application and appreciative of differing viewpoints.
4. A commitment to life-long learning and service through personal and professional development.
5. For teaching faculty, the expression of artful teaching, based on mastery of relevant subject matter and in an environment of purposeful and rigorous inquiry amongst a community of scholars who support one another.
6. A capability, by temperament, preparation, and will, to support students as they confront the intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges of their lives.
7. A sensitivity to and support for the mission, core themes, vision, values, ethos and traditions of the Warner Pacific University community.
8. A commitment to teaching and serving in harmony with the doctrines of the Holy Bible.
Mission-based hiring is of critical importance to Warner Pacific University. Employees are expected to demonstrate and articulate a vital Christian faith and to live in a manner consistent with a Christ-centered lifestyle as informed by the Scriptures of the New Testament.
Warner Pacific’s students, faculty and staff are expected to foster an environment of mutual respect and accountability, to care for the personal dignity of others and to exercise integrity in their conduct and communication. The University environment is expected to be free from discrimination and harassment (including bullying). When an individual’s behavior has direct implications for others and/or the well-being of the University community, there may be cause for institutional involvement, regardless of where the situation occurs.
Warner Pacific University desires to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff, faculty, students, visitors and guests. Therefore, smoking is not permitted on University property, in its vehicles, or at any University sponsored event. The use of illegal drugs or non-prescribed controlled substances is strictly prohibited. Use of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products is strictly prohibited on Warner Pacific University campuses.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts University, the University exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at https://warnerpacific.catsone.com/careers/1611-General
Click “Apply Now” to complete the online application, and submit the following:
Application, Cover Letter and Resume