Warner Pacific College’s Mission: Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, liberal arts College dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Warner Pacific College’s Commitment to Diversity: Warner Pacific College is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. In the fall of 2016, more than 57% of our traditional students were racially or ethnically diverse. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Warner Pacific College is looking for a leader who has experienced the joy and pain of starting a business and now seeks to invest in the next generation of socially-minded, diverse entrepreneurs in the Pacific Northwest. With the goal of developing a Social Entrepreneurship program that reflects excellence, innovation, and a keen understanding of the challenges of starting a business, Warner Pacific is committed to hiring a full time faculty member who intuitively understands the importance of connecting classroom learning with business risk-takers and street-level business experiences in the community. The successful candidate will be able to teach and engage emerging social entrepreneurs and give them the tools and relationships needed to successfully incubate real-world business ideas.
The Assistant/Associate Professor of Business reports to the Director of the Business Department and is responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate classes in Business specifically those classes in our Social Entrepreneurship major, and other areas; serving on committees; and advising students in the Business Department. At Warner Pacific College, the Business Department is designed primarily to serve students preparing for a employment in a variety of business fields including for profit and non-profit leadership, health care administration, accounting and finance, and other jobs that require an undergraduate/graduate degree in business.
*Curriculum Vitae or Resume
*Essay Response to the Following Questions:
1. How does your personal faith reflect the principles stated in terms 1, 2, and 3 of the Employment Standards? (listed below)
2. How does your personal philosophy of education and commitment to the synthesis of faith and learning reflect the principles stated in items 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8? (listed below)
Employment and Lifestyle Standards:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered urban liberal arts college dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. The College was founded in 1937 by the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana) and maintains a covenant relationship with that body. Central to Warner Pacific’s identity as a Christ-centered higher education institution is the policy of hiring persons whose personal and professional lives reflect:
1. A belief in the deity of and commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith, as interpreted through the historic witness of Scripture and the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit.
2. The practice of following Christ through day-to-day personal lifestyle choices.
3. A vitality of Christian experience maturing in insight and application and appreciative of differing viewpoints.
4. A commitment to life-long learning and service through personal and professional development.
5. For teaching faculty, the expression of artful teaching, based on mastery of relevant subject matter and in an environment of purposeful and rigorous inquiry amongst a community of scholars who support one another.
6. A capability, by temperament, preparation, and will, to support students as they confront the intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges of their lives.
7. A sensitivity to and support for the mission, core themes, vision, values, ethos and traditions of the Warner Pacific College community.
8. A commitment to teaching and serving in harmony with the doctrines of the Bible as understood and generally held by the Church of God Reformation Movement.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts college, the college exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
Warner Pacific College offers a full range of traditional benefits for qualifying employees, including medical/dental insurance, disability, life insurance, paid vacation and sick time, mission leave, tuition remission, and retirement savings. Please refer to the web-site for details at http://www.warnerpacific.edu/about-wp/human-resources.