The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach is a part-time position that reports to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach. This role is responsible for assisting in the administration of the sport in the best interest of the college, in concurrence with the policies and regulations approved by the Board of Trustees and the practices and procedures of the college administration, as well as the Cascade Collegiate Conference and National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) rules and regulations.
Primary Job Duties:
- Assists in the management and direction of all aspects of the program.
- Assists with recruiting student-athletes by following University and NAIA policies and meets College goals for roster size.
- Assists in creating practice plans and executes accordingly.
- Assists in fundraising efforts and follows University and departmental policies.
- Assists in coordination team travel arrangements including reservation and operation of vehicles, lodging, and meals with the Director of Athletics.
- Assists in monitoring academic progress of student-athletes.
- Assists in public relations efforts of the program.
- Assists in coordination of team community service activities.
- Demonstrates interest in/aptitude for good sportsmanship, maintaining poise/self-control, teaching team to play hard yet fairly.
- Acts as a welcoming host to visiting teams, coaches, officials, and spectators.
- Ensures student-athletes practice good sportsmanship and abide by team/departmental policies.
- Ensures knowledge and compliance of current University, Cascade Collegiate Conference (CCC), and NAIA policies and procedures.
- Responsible for working with Sports Information Director for game management.
- Follows departmental and University policies and procedures in regard to expenditures.
- Responsible for inventory of university-owned equipment and uniforms.
- Responsible for reporting any potential NAIA violations directly to the Athletic Director.
- Works closely with the Sports Medicine office for ongoing care, strength & conditioning, and injury prevention of student-athletes.
- Participates in Women’s Basketball Coaches Association, NAIA, CCC and Warner Pacific University professional development opportunities when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head Women’s Basketball Coach.
- Demonstrates commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the College and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
- Exhibits commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity in areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities.
- Adheres to University policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the support and implementation of the University Strategic Plan.
- Bachelor's degree
- Coaching experience in a high school, club, or collegiate environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written communication
- Ability to travel 50-75% during the season
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people and demonstrated commitment to diversity
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently efficiently and effectively
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a varied-paced or fast-paced environment
Physical Demands – Work Environment:
- Master's degree
- Head or Assistant coaching experience in a collegiate environment
- Experience recruiting student-athletes
Typical coaching environment.
Employment and Lifestyle Standards:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered urban liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. The University was founded in 1937 by the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana). Central to Warner Pacific’s identity as a Christ-centered higher education institution is the policy of hiring persons whose personal and professional lives reflect:
1. A belief in the deity of and commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith, as interpreted through the historic witness of Scripture and the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit.
2. The practice of following Christ through day-to-day personal lifestyle choices.
3. A vitality of Christian experience maturing in insight and application and appreciative of differing viewpoints.
4. A commitment to life-long learning and service through personal and professional development.
5. For teaching faculty, the expression of artful teaching, based on mastery of relevant subject matter and in an environment of purposeful and rigorous inquiry amongst a community of scholars who support one another.
6. A capability, by temperament, preparation, and will, to support students as they confront the intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges of their lives.
7. A sensitivity to and support for the mission, core themes, vision, values, ethos and traditions of the Warner Pacific University community.
8. A commitment to teaching and serving in harmony with the doctrines of the Holy Bible.
Mission-based hiring is of critical importance to Warner Pacific University. Employees are expected to demonstrate and articulate a vital Christian faith and to live in a manner consistent with a Christ-centered lifestyle as informed by the Scriptures of the New Testament.
Warner Pacific’s students, faculty and staff are expected to foster an environment of mutual respect and accountability, to care for the personal dignity of others and to exercise integrity in their conduct and communication. The University environment is expected to be free from discrimination and harassment (including bullying). When an individual’s behavior has direct implications for others and/or the well-being of the University community, there may be cause for institutional involvement, regardless of where the situation occurs.
Warner Pacific University desires to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff, faculty, students, visitors and guests. Therefore, smoking is not permitted on University property, in its vehicles, or at any University sponsored event. The use of illegal drugs or non-prescribed controlled substances is strictly prohibited. Use of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products is strictly prohibited on Warner Pacific University campuses.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts University, the University exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
Warner Pacific University’s Mission:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, diverse, minority-serving, Hispanic-serving, liberal arts University dedicated to providing students with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Warner Pacific University’s Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds. Warner Pacific University is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at https://warnerpacific.catsone.com/careers/1611-General
Click “Apply Now” to complete the online application, and submit the following:
Application, Cover Letter and Resume