Warner Pacific University’s Mission:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, diverse, minority-serving, Hispanic-serving, liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Warner Pacific University’s Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds. Warner Pacific University is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Admission Counselor is a full-time, benefit eligible position reporting to the Vice President for Traditional Enrollment and Recruiting. This role serves as a member of the Admissions Department. This position is primarily responsible for recruiting students to achieve enrollment goals. The Admission Counselor/Senior Admission Counselor is responsible for handling on-campus recruiting and has responsibilities for an entire recruitment territory.
Primary Job Duties:
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies for the assigned territory to generate inquiries, applications and deposits that lead to achieving enrollment goals.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment regarding recruitment strategies for assigned territories, student contacts, and student relationship development.
- Coordinate and evaluate admissions events and strategies including program effectiveness, assess outcomes, determine cost analyses, and develop improved programming to achieve enrollment goals.
- Enter new leads and inquiries into the University’s CRM system.
- Update student profile information and generate enrollment reports in the CRM system.
- Ensure all communication with students, including email correspondence, phone calls, messages, and campus visits are entered in the University’s CRM system for tracking purposes.
- Advise students and families of admission requirements, transfer guidelines, financial aid and scholarship information, student standards, lifestyle agreement, campus life, etc.
- Review admission applications, evaluate credentials, and provide recommendations for admission to the Executive Director of Admission and the Admissions Review Committee.
- Serve as the University’s admissions liaison to territorial high schools, Universities, churches, and other organizations accurately and positively representing the University in its mission, vision, and values.
- Complete out of office travel for admissions-related events.
- Be present in the office on a daily basis during the non-travel season (unless arrangements are made with the employee’s direct supervisor.)
- Abide by NACAC and NACCAP Principles of Good Practice.
- Contribute to the support and implementation of the University Strategic Plan.
- Participate in Warner Pacific University professional development opportunities.
- Adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the University and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
- Exhibit commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity in areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree required.
- Experience working in a professional office environment.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently.
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a varied-paced or fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Ability to work longer hours during busier recruitment/admissions periods, which includes evenings and weekends.
- Must be self-motivated, has excellent written communication skills, and the ability to work well with faculty, staff, and students.
- Must have excellent oral communication and public presentations skills.
- Proficient in computer programs including Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel, and navigating the internet.
Physical Demands – Work Environment:
- Fluent in Spanish language, both conversational and written.
- Experienced with using the Slate CRM system.
The position is located in a typical office environment. Professional/business casual attire is required.
Employment and Lifestyle Standards:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered urban liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. The University was founded in 1937 by the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana). Central to Warner Pacific’s identity as a Christ-centered higher education institution is the policy of hiring persons whose personal and professional lives reflect:
1. A belief in the deity of and commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith, as interpreted through the historic witness of Scripture and the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit.
2. The practice of following Christ through day-to-day personal lifestyle choices.
3. A vitality of Christian experience maturing in insight and application and appreciative of differing viewpoints.
4. A commitment to life-long learning and service through personal and professional development.
5. For teaching faculty, the expression of artful teaching, based on mastery of relevant subject matter and in an environment of purposeful and rigorous inquiry amongst a community of scholars who support one another.
6. A capability, by temperament, preparation, and will, to support students as they confront the intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges of their lives.
7. A sensitivity to and support for the mission, core themes, vision, values, ethos and traditions of the Warner Pacific University community.
8. A commitment to teaching and serving in harmony with the doctrines of the Holy Bible.
Mission-based hiring is of critical importance to Warner Pacific University. Employees are expected to demonstrate and articulate a vital Christian faith and to live in a manner consistent with a Christ-centered lifestyle as informed by the Scriptures of the New Testament.
Warner Pacific’s students, faculty and staff are expected to foster an environment of mutual respect and accountability, to care for the personal dignity of others and to exercise integrity in their conduct and communication. The University environment is expected to be free from discrimination and harassment (including bullying). When an individual’s behavior has direct implications for others and/or the well-being of the University community, there may be cause for institutional involvement, regardless of where the situation occurs.
Warner Pacific University desires to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff, faculty, students, visitors and guests. Therefore, smoking is not permitted on University property, in its vehicles, or at any University sponsored event. The use of illegal drugs or non-prescribed controlled substances is strictly prohibited. Use of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products is strictly prohibited on Warner Pacific University campuses.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts University, the University exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at https://warnerpacific.catsone.com/careers/1611-General
Click “Apply Now” to complete the online application, and submit the following:
Application, Cover Letter and Resume