Warner Pacific University’s Mission:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, diverse, minority-serving, Hispanic-serving, liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution
Warner Pacific University’s Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds. Warner Pacific University is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Student Financial Services Assistant/Cashier is a full-time, benefit eligible position, reporting to the Director of Financial Aid with responsibility to the Assistant Director of Student Accounts. This role provides a variety of professional and administrative duties in support of the day-to-day operations of the Student Financial Services Department. The SFS Assistant works collaboratively with the SFS Representative, PGS and Traditional personnel.
Primary Job Duties:
- Serve as initial point of contact for the Student Financial Services Office – Intake staff member
- Provide excellent customer service – provide response to students in a timely manner
- Receive and receipt all monies from individuals and departments including students, parents, renters, third parties, special events, and facility rentals
- Balance cash drawer and prepare bank deposits daily
- Provide support for the loan entrance and exit counseling process – contact and assist students
- Manage administrative database import and export processes to ensure timely reporting of Federal funds – CODE, ISIRS, for example
- Contact lender or student as needed in addressing specific financial aid issues
- Maintain financial aid records for current and former students
- Track and manage student information to ensure proper release of financial aid – i.e., data input, change of address
- Student file review: Verification processing to include but not limited to outreach, collection, correction, and communication
- Maintain integrity of timely student financial aid requests through filing, correspondence, reporting and verification forms tracking
- Monitor PGS student Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Assist with the management of the University student employment program. Process monthly payroll for students. Assist with advertising and hiring of student employees.
- Be present in the office on a daily basis unless arrangements are made with the employee’s direct supervisor
- Contribute to the support and implementation of the University Strategic Plan
- Participate in Warner Pacific University professional development opportunities
- Adhere to University policies and procedures regarding financial aid and student financial services
- Demonstrate commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding to the mission of the University and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience in a higher education environment
- Excellent ability to work with highly detailed and confidential information
- Experience working in a professional office environment
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and work effectively in order to adapt and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent self-motivation, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work well with customers, students, faculty, and staff
- Proficiency in computer programs including Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and the Internet
- Exhibit commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity to areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities
Physical Demands – Work Environment:
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Bilingual – Spanish speaker preferred
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution
- Experience in financial aid or student financial services
- Experience using the Ellucian Colleague administrative system
- Experience working with adult learners
The position is located in a typical office environment. Professional/business casual attire is required.
Employment and Lifestyle Standards:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered urban liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. The University was founded in 1937 by the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana). Central to Warner Pacific’s identity as a Christ-centered higher education institution is the policy of hiring persons whose personal and professional lives reflect:
1. A belief in the deity of and commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith, as interpreted through the historic witness of Scripture and the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit.
2. The practice of following Christ through day-to-day personal lifestyle choices.
3. A vitality of Christian experience maturing in insight and application and appreciative of differing viewpoints.
4. A commitment to life-long learning and service through personal and professional development.
5. For teaching faculty, the expression of artful teaching, based on mastery of relevant subject matter and in an environment of purposeful and rigorous inquiry amongst a community of scholars who support one another.
6. A capability, by temperament, preparation, and will, to support students as they confront the intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges of their lives.
7. A sensitivity to and support for the mission, core themes, vision, values, ethos and traditions of the Warner Pacific University community.
8. A commitment to teaching and serving in harmony with the doctrines of the Holy Bible.
Mission-based hiring is of critical importance to Warner Pacific University. Employees are expected to demonstrate and articulate a vital Christian faith and to live in a manner consistent with a Christ-centered lifestyle as informed by the Scriptures of the New Testament.
Warner Pacific’s students, faculty and staff are expected to foster an environment of mutual respect and accountability, to care for the personal dignity of others and to exercise integrity in their conduct and communication. The University environment is expected to be free from discrimination and harassment (including bullying). When an individual’s behavior has direct implications for others and/or the well-being of the University community, there may be cause for institutional involvement, regardless of where the situation occurs.
Warner Pacific University desires to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff, faculty, students, visitors and guests. Therefore, smoking is not permitted on University property, in its vehicles, or at any University sponsored event. The use of illegal drugs or non-prescribed controlled substances is strictly prohibited. Use of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products is strictly prohibited on Warner Pacific University campuses.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts University, the University exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at https://warnerpacific.catsone.com/careers/1611-General
Click “Apply Now” to complete the online application, and submit the following:
Application, Cover Letter and Resume