Warner Pacific University’s Mission:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, diverse, minority-serving, Hispanic-serving, liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution
Warner Pacific University’s Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds. Warner Pacific University is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Financial Aid Counselor is a full-time, benefit eligible position that reports to the Director of Financial Aid. This role provides a variety of professional and administrative duties in support of the day to day operations of Financial Aid in compliance with all policies related to internal and external financial aid requirements.
Primary Job Duties:
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment through interpretation, implementation, and research of federal and institutional policies and regulations in response to customer needs and departmental practices.
- Provide financial planning assistance and program eligibility information to students.
- Review documents, perform need analysis, make determinations, and award financial aid packages to eligible students implementing established guidelines and procedures.
- Verify student FAFSA information; prepare individual student aid reports for packaging, analyzing information reported for consistency.
- Provide one-on-one financial counseling to students and/or parents according to individual need.
- Present at prospective and new student events and by request from staff, faculty, and students.
- Assist with FAFSA nights at area high schools
- Counsel students on issues related to borrowing including aggregate limit issues, maximum time frame processes and graduation exit requirements.
- Work collaboratively with individuals from various departments.
- Assist in the management of outstanding account balances and student account payment plans.
- Assist with the Loan Entrance and Exit Counseling processes, providing regulatory advice as it pertains to Direct Lending.
- Serve as a resource for students seeking outside scholarship opportunities.
- Maintain integrity of timely student financial aid requests through filing, correspondence, tracking, reporting and verification.
- Be up to date on prevailing State and Federal regulations and WPU policies and procedures by attending training and conferences as opportunities arise.
- Be present in the office on a daily basis unless arrangements are made with the employee’s direct supervisor.
- Abide by NASFAA Principles of Good Practice.
- Contribute to the support and implementation of the University Strategic Plan.
- Participate in Warner Pacific University professional development opportunities.
- Adhere to University policies and procedures regarding financial aid and student financial services.
- Demonstrate commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding to the mission of the University and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exhibit commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity to areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities.
Physical Demands – Work Environment:
- Minimum of three years of experience working in a professional office environment
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience in a higher education environment
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and work effectively in order to adapt and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent ability to work with highly detailed and confidential information
- Excellent self-motivation, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work well with customers, students, faculty, and staff
- Skill in effective public presentations
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours, as necessary (campus events, orientations, etc.)
- Proficient in computer programs including Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel, and the Internet
- Exhibit commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity to areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities
The position is located in a typical office environment. Professional/business casual attire is required.
Employment and Lifestyle Standards:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered urban liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. The University was founded in 1937 by the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana). Central to Warner Pacific’s identity as a Christ-centered higher education institution is the policy of hiring persons whose personal and professional lives reflect:
1. A belief in the deity of and commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith, as interpreted through the historic witness of Scripture and the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit.
2. The practice of following Christ through day-to-day personal lifestyle choices.
3. A vitality of Christian experience maturing in insight and application and appreciative of differing viewpoints.
4. A commitment to life-long learning and service through personal and professional development.
5. For teaching faculty, the expression of artful teaching, based on mastery of relevant subject matter and in an environment of purposeful and rigorous inquiry amongst a community of scholars who support one another.
6. A capability, by temperament, preparation, and will, to support students as they confront the intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges of their lives.
7. A sensitivity to and support for the mission, core themes, vision, values, ethos and traditions of the Warner Pacific University community.
8. A commitment to teaching and serving in harmony with the doctrines of the Holy Bible.
Mission-based hiring is of critical importance to Warner Pacific University. Employees are expected to demonstrate and articulate a vital Christian faith and to live in a manner consistent with a Christ-centered lifestyle as informed by the Scriptures of the New Testament.
Warner Pacific’s students, faculty and staff are expected to foster an environment of mutual respect and accountability, to care for the personal dignity of others and to exercise integrity in their conduct and communication. The University environment is expected to be free from discrimination and harassment (including bullying). When an individual’s behavior has direct implications for others and/or the well-being of the University community, there may be cause for institutional involvement, regardless of where the situation occurs.
Warner Pacific University desires to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff, faculty, students, visitors and guests. Therefore, smoking is not permitted on University property, in its vehicles, or at any University sponsored event. The use of illegal drugs or non-prescribed controlled substances is strictly prohibited. Use of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products is strictly prohibited on Warner Pacific University campuses.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts University, the University exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at https://warnerpacific.catsone.com/careers/1611-General
Click “Apply Now” to complete the online application, and submit the following:
Application, Cover Letter and Resume