Warner Pacific University’s Mission:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Warner Pacific University’s Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Sports Information Coordinator is a full-time, benefit eligible position reporting to the Director of Athletics. This role is responsible for sports-related information and communication in web, broadcast media, print, and publications for all sports; serving as liaison with head coaches, sponsor representatives, alumni, community outreach, and print/media communications with the Athletic Department; collecting, reporting and archiving of statistics, game management oversight, event oversight and staffing.
Sports Information Coordinator
- Facilitate the gathering, reporting, and archiving of statistics for the varsity athletic teams at Warner Pacific.
- Ensure the functionality of live stats and video for home events.
- Maintain athletic website for the department with current rosters, schedules, results, statistics, game recaps, and sponsor advertising.
- Maintain accurate records of all-time athletic records and statistics for all sports programs.
- Develop, catalog, and store a comprehensive photography library for all sports
- Nominate athletes for all appropriate conference and nationals awards (player of the week, scholar athlete, etc.).
- Create and execute a promotional strategy for each sport according to priorities established by the director of athletics and development. This will include designing print collateral, creating promotional/recruiting videos, writing feature stories of coaches/athletes, and leveraging social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Supervise and organize home event hospitality for sponsors, VIPs, boosters, parents groups, hospitality events, visiting groups.
- Work with operations staff to fulfill home event sponsor and advertiser recognition commitments.
- Organize marketing staff for annual group ticket sales and corporate ticket sales in selected sports.
- Maintain current and prospect ticket mailing lists—high schools, businesses, groups, parents, sponsors, and friends by sport.
- Serve as liaison with the alumni association and Athletic Hall of Honor Committee.
- Serve as primary liaison with all sponsors.
- Coordinate staff and student-athlete public appearances at charitable events.
- Market summer camps in all sports.
- Coordinate with Compliance Officer to generate and communicate Letters of Intent and other documents.
- Represent the university at necessary community, CCC or NAIA functions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistical programs including StatCrew and DakStats.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- High degree of proficiency in Adobe Suite of products including Photoshop, InDesign, AfterEffects, and PremierPro.
- Photography, videography and editing experience.
- Experience with content management systems (SIDEARM).
- Experience in writing recaps, features, previews/reviews.
- Experience in training interns/student workers and delegating tasks.
- Knowledge of best practices/strategies for social media campaigns.
- Ability to multi-task, work effectively, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Be present in the office on a daily basis unless arrangements are made with the employee’s direct supervisor.
- Contributes to the support and implementation of the University Strategic Plan.
- Participates in Warner Pacific University professional development opportunities.
- Administer and conduct all regular season and postseason events, arranging for facilities, officials, ticketing, ticket takers, concessions, security, parking, sale of fan gear, half-time and postgame activities, emergency medical arrangements, and other elements of quality event management
- Administer all complimentary, team, and special-event ticket requests.
- Work with the staff to ensure quality execution of sponsor and donor activities.
- In collaboration with the assistant athletics director, train and supervise all event workers.
- Schedule and supervise visiting team practice times.
- Maintain and distribute the master events calendar of the department.
- Act as the primary liaison to conference and national athletics governance associations for postseason events hosted by the Athletics Department.
- Handle all issues and problems that might arise during athletics events.
- Assist the Director of Athletics with special projects as needed.
- Conform to the highest standards of professional conduct regarding compliance with department and institutional policies and procedures and adherence to the rules and regulations of athletic governance organizations of which the institution is a member.
- Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all staff, student-athletes, and external constituents through (a) a positive and constructive approach to all tasks, (b) respect for the competencies of others, and (c) appropriate conflict resolution behavior.
- Adheres to University policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the University and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
- Exhibits commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity in areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, sport management, or related area.
- Demonstrated proficiency with media and sports technology and public relations experience; sport and event management.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
Physical Demands – Work Environment:
- Master’s Degree in marketing, communications, business administration, sports management, or related degree.
- Two years in a supervisory position; collegiate athletic experience
- Experience in a supervisory role.
The position is located in a typical office environment. Professional/business casual attire is required.
Employment and Lifestyle Standards:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered urban liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. The University was founded in 1937 by the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana) and maintains a covenant relationship with that body. Central to Warner Pacific’s identity as a Christ-centered higher education institution is the policy of hiring persons whose personal and professional lives reflect:
1. A belief in the deity of and commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith, as interpreted through the historic witness of Scripture and the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit.
2. The practice of following Christ through day-to-day personal lifestyle choices.
3. A vitality of Christian experience maturing in insight and application and appreciative of differing viewpoints.
4. A commitment to life-long learning and service through personal and professional development.
5. For teaching faculty, the expression of artful teaching, based on mastery of relevant subject matter and in an environment of purposeful and rigorous inquiry amongst a community of scholars who support one another.
6. A capability, by temperament, preparation, and will, to support students as they confront the intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges of their lives.
7. A sensitivity to and support for the mission, core themes, vision, values, ethos and traditions of the Warner Pacific University community.
8. A commitment to teaching and serving in harmony with the doctrines of the Bible as understood and generally held by the Church of God Reformation Movement.
Mission-based hiring is of critical importance to Warner Pacific University. From its inception, the Church of God has resisted condensing the Scriptures into a formal creed, instead emphasizing salvation as the entrance into the body of Christ; unity in diversity; and a call to holy living as God’s people representing Christ in the world. Warner Pacific, rather than requiring subscription to an institutional doctrinal statement, asks each employee to affirm a personal faith in Jesus Christ by providing a statement articulating the ways in which faith informs the employee’s understanding of his or her vocation at Warner Pacific. Employees are expected to demonstrate and articulate a vital Christian faith and to live in a manner consistent with a Christ-centered lifestyle as informed by the Scriptures of the New Testament.
Further, to ensure orderly operations and provide the best possible work environment, all Warner Pacific University employees are expected to maintain the highest levels of ethics, professionalism, integrity, and judgment. Employees must obey all laws governing the workplace and the business of the University, as well as treat others (students, suppliers, and co-workers) with honesty, respect, and personal dignity in all interactions. Conduct that is malicious, abusive, threatening, dishonest or unlawful is not acceptable. Employees who feel they are being subjected to conduct of this kind should bring the concern to Human Resources. The University environment is expected to be free from discrimination and harassment (including bullying). When an individual’s behavior has direct implications for others and/or the well-being of the University community, there may be cause for institutional involvement, regardless of where the situation occurs.
Warner Pacific University desires to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff, faculty, students, visitors and guests. Therefore, smoking is not permitted on University property, in its vehicles, or at any University sponsored event. The use of illegal drugs or non-prescribed controlled substances is strictly prohibited. Use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, electronic cigarettes or marijuana is strictly prohibited on Warner Pacific University campuses.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts University, the University exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and a multicultural learning environment. Inquiries are encouraged from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our University. Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Warner Pacific University offers a full range of traditional benefits for qualifying employees, including medical/dental insurance, disability, life insurance, paid vacation and sick time, mission leave, tuition remission, and retirement savings.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at www.warnerpacific.edu/jobs.
Click "Apply Now" to complete the online application, and submit the following:
2. Cover letter with names/contact information for three professional references