Warner Pacific University’s Mission:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Warner Pacific University’s Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Campus Safety Officer is a full-time, benefit eligible position reporting to the Director of Campus Safety. This position oversees the safety and welfare of the campus: students, faculty, staff, guests, and the property, providing a professional presence that promotes confidence among the campus community. Lock and unlock University facilities according to the master calendar. Monitor all parking lots, grounds, academic buildings and student housing assuring a safe environment for the living and learning community. Escort students and employees as requested. Pick up trash as needed. Event set up as assigned by supervisor. During the irrigation season, irrigate as needed. Act as the facilities/activities host during non-business hours.
- Patrol University grounds and facilities to ensure a safe and secure environment including on foot and in vehicles, patrolling Campus facilities, parking lots, and grounds including the interior of all buildings on campus.
- Monitor all activity and confront any suspicious behavior on Campus.
- Escort visitors and intruders off campus if required.
- Issue citations and warnings to violators of the campus parking rules.
- Interview individuals who are involved in incidents, gathering information and writing reports on crimes, violence, vandalism, fires, and other illegal activities that occur on campus. Give accounts of people involved, who are affected and what measures were taken to minimize or eliminate the incidents.
- Respond quickly to all calls to Campus Safety for assistance and contacting local Police, Fire or Medical personnel when necessary.
- Perform inspections of facilities safety equipment and other tasks as needed to support the overall facility management.
- Perform basic inspections of Campus vehicles.
- Support the maintenance staff as needed for minor repairs and activities.
- Assist in preparing facilities for use by the University and outside parties during non-business hours. General cleaning of facilities as assigned by the Director of Campus Safety.
- Contribute to the support and implementation of the University Strategic Plan.
- Participate in Warner Pacific University professional development opportunities.
- Adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the University and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
- Exhibits commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity in areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate a computer, with demonstrated skills with Outlook, Word, and Excel programs.
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Certification in specialized security training, such as DPSST (must obtain within the first 90 days of employment with WPU).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are necessary, with the ability to actively communicate with various constituents, including, faculty, staff, administration, and the general public.
- Ability to successfully pass a background investigation, employment physical and driving records investigation.
- Ability to work on weekends, nights and occasional overtime, with the ability to respond to the campus when needed to assist campus safety personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently.
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
Physical Demands – Work Environment:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in public safety and security environment.
- Experience working in a campus higher education environment.
The position performs his/her functions indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions. Campus Safety uniform is required.
Employment and Lifestyle Standards:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered urban liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. The University was founded in 1937 by the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana) and maintains a covenant relationship with that body. Central to Warner Pacific’s identity as a Christ-centered higher education institution is the policy of hiring persons whose personal and professional lives reflect:
1. A belief in the deity of and commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith, as interpreted through the historic witness of Scripture and the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit.
2. The practice of following Christ through day-to-day personal lifestyle choices.
3. A vitality of Christian experience maturing in insight and application and appreciative of differing viewpoints.
4. A commitment to life-long learning and service through personal and professional development.
5. For teaching faculty, the expression of artful teaching, based on mastery of relevant subject matter and in an environment of purposeful and rigorous inquiry amongst a community of scholars who support one another.
6. A capability, by temperament, preparation, and will, to support students as they confront the intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges of their lives.
7. A sensitivity to and support for the mission, core themes, vision, values, ethos and traditions of the Warner Pacific University community.
8. A commitment to teaching and serving in harmony with the doctrines of the Bible as understood and generally held by the Church of God Reformation Movement.
Mission-based hiring is of critical importance to Warner Pacific University. From its inception, the Church of God has resisted condensing the Scriptures into a formal creed, instead emphasizing salvation as the entrance into the body of Christ; unity in diversity; and a call to holy living as God’s people representing Christ in the world. Warner Pacific, rather than requiring subscription to an institutional doctrinal statement, asks each employee to affirm a personal faith in Jesus Christ by providing a statement articulating the ways in which faith informs the employee’s understanding of his or her vocation at Warner Pacific. Employees are expected to demonstrate and articulate a vital Christian faith and to live in a manner consistent with a Christ-centered lifestyle as informed by the Scriptures of the New Testament.
Further, to ensure orderly operations and provide the best possible work environment, all Warner Pacific University employees are expected to maintain the highest levels of ethics, professionalism, integrity, and judgment. Employees must obey all laws governing the workplace and the business of the University, as well as treat others (students, suppliers, and co-workers) with honesty, respect, and personal dignity in all interactions. Conduct that is malicious, abusive, threatening, dishonest or unlawful is not acceptable. Employees who feel they are being subjected to conduct of this kind should bring the concern to Human Resources. The University environment is expected to be free from discrimination and harassment (including bullying). When an individual’s behavior has direct implications for others and/or the well-being of the University community, there may be cause for institutional involvement, regardless of where the situation occurs.
Warner Pacific University desires to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff, faculty, students, visitors and guests. Therefore, smoking is not permitted on University property, in its vehicles, or at any University sponsored event. The use of illegal drugs or non-prescribed controlled substances is strictly prohibited. Use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, electronic cigarettes or marijuana is strictly prohibited on Warner Pacific University campuses.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts University, the University exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and a multicultural learning environment. Inquiries are encouraged from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our University. Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Warner Pacific University offers a full range of traditional benefits for qualifying employees, including medical/dental insurance, disability, life insurance, paid vacation and sick time, mission leave, tuition remission, and retirement savings.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at www.warnerpacific.edu/jobs.
Click "Apply Now" to complete the online application, and submit the following:
2. Cover letter with names/contact information for three professional references