Warner Pacific University’s Mission:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Warner Pacific University’s Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To support the growth of online learning at Warner Pacific University, Online Programs and Professional and Graduate Studies (PGS) seeks a creative and technologically proficient Instructional Media Designer (IMD) who can design, build, and/or upgrade the digital media and interactive elements of online courses. The IMD works with Subject Matter Experts (SME) from various schools and online faculty to develop and maintain rich media and relevant courses using various design and research-based instructional standards. This position requires strong knowledge of instructional design, technical acumen, and exceptional skill in developing online media resources. The IMD is a full-time, benefit eligible position, reporting to the Chief Acceleration Officer. This role will support faculty training in the use of interactive media.
- Performs various aspects of online instructional design, including analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation (ADDIE) of instructional materials.
- Works with SMEs to develop new and upgrade existing online courses and programs to meet research-based instructional design and compliance standards (e.g., ADA, FERPA, Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), Quality Matters, OLC Quality Scorecards, etc.)
- Collaborates with program chairs/directors and course faculty to create, upgrade, and maintain quality digital media to improve the educational value of online courses.
- Works closely with the Curriculum & LMS Quality Assurance Specialist to maintain and troubleshoot courses in WPU’s learning management system.
- Provides technical support and training for faculty using multimedia, audio, video, and mobile technology.
- Researches and integrates emerging digital media and mobile learning technologies for the enhancement of online learning environments.
- Conducts virtual and face-to-face training sessions for faculty.
- Designs, develops, and implements training materials and job aids for faculty as needed.
- Directs the assessment of applicable new technologies to support various types of learning.
- Reviews and analyzes student and faculty feedback relating to course delivery and embedded media.
- Contributes to the support and implementation of the University Strategic Plan.
- Participates in Warner Pacific University professional development opportunities.
- Adheres to University policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the University and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
- Exhibits commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity in areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design and Technology, Educational Technology, or related degree.
- 3+ years of experience developing online learning environments or working in educational technology.
- Experience in web-enhanced and web-based course development and support, including experience managing a learning management system, creating advanced digital media for classes, and developing mobile technologies and other related technologies.
- Knowledge of effective pedagogical/andragogical theories and instructional design methodologies for online learning.
- Excellent oral communication and instructional writing skills.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
Physical Demands – Work Environment:
- Ability to develop and maintain quality assurance procedures
- Proficiency in researching to stay current on government and university policies that affect online course design and programs
- Proficiency in Google Apps Education
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and graphic design
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong command of the English language.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs (particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in designing for mobile technologies (iOS and Android apps) a plus.
- Ability to foster cooperation and work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Website design and Blackboard’s Open LMS maintenance skills a plus.
- Data analysis and reporting skills.
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive evaluation of work.
- Interest in continuous improvement and dedication to updating skills.
The position is located in a typical office environment. Professional/business casual attire is required.
Employment and Lifestyle Standards:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered urban liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. The University was founded in 1937 by the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana) and maintains a covenant relationship with that body. Central to Warner Pacific’s identity as a Christ-centered higher education institution is the policy of hiring persons whose personal and professional lives reflect:
1. A belief in the deity of and commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith, as interpreted through the historic witness of Scripture and the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit.
2. The practice of following Christ through day-to-day personal lifestyle choices.
3. A vitality of Christian experience maturing in insight and application and appreciative of differing viewpoints.
4. A commitment to life-long learning and service through personal and professional development.
5. For teaching faculty, the expression of artful teaching, based on mastery of relevant subject matter and in an environment of purposeful and rigorous inquiry amongst a community of scholars who support one another.
6. A capability, by temperament, preparation, and will, to support students as they confront the intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges of their lives.
7. A sensitivity to and support for the mission, core themes, vision, values, ethos and traditions of the Warner Pacific University community.
8. A commitment to teaching and serving in harmony with the doctrines of the Bible as understood and generally held by the Church of God Reformation Movement.
Mission-based hiring is of critical importance to Warner Pacific University. From its inception, the Church of God has resisted condensing the Scriptures into a formal creed, instead emphasizing salvation as the entrance into the body of Christ; unity in diversity; and a call to holy living as God’s people representing Christ in the world. Warner Pacific, rather than requiring subscription to an institutional doctrinal statement, asks each employee to affirm a personal faith in Jesus Christ by providing a statement articulating the ways in which faith informs the employee’s understanding of his or her vocation at Warner Pacific. Employees are expected to demonstrate and articulate a vital Christian faith and to live in a manner consistent with a Christ-centered lifestyle as informed by the Scriptures of the New Testament.
Further, to ensure orderly operations and provide the best possible work environment, all Warner Pacific University employees are expected to maintain the highest levels of ethics, professionalism, integrity, and judgment. Employees must obey all laws governing the workplace and the business of the University, as well as treat others (students, suppliers, and co-workers) with honesty, respect, and personal dignity in all interactions. Conduct that is malicious, abusive, threatening, dishonest or unlawful is not acceptable. Employees who feel they are being subjected to conduct of this kind should bring the concern to Human Resources. The University environment is expected to be free from discrimination and harassment (including bullying). When an individual’s behavior has direct implications for others and/or the well-being of the University community, there may be cause for institutional involvement, regardless of where the situation occurs.
Warner Pacific University desires to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff, faculty, students, visitors and guests. Therefore, smoking is not permitted on University property, in its vehicles, or at any University sponsored event. The use of illegal drugs or non-prescribed controlled substances is strictly prohibited. Use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, electronic cigarettes or marijuana is strictly prohibited on Warner Pacific University campuses.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts University, the University exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and a multicultural learning environment. Inquiries are encouraged from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our University. Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Warner Pacific University offers a full range of traditional benefits for qualifying employees, including medical/dental insurance, disability, life insurance, paid vacation and sick time, mission leave, tuition remission, and retirement savings.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at www.warnerpacific.edu/jobs. Click “Apply Now” to complete the online application, and submit the following:
- Cover letter with names/contact information for three professional references